Twitter is a potent social media platform for businesses when employed in a right manner. Twitter can enable you in generating leads, building your brand image, networking and connecting with your prospect.
Unlike Facebook, Twitter is an altogether different marketing platform and it brings different results compared to Facebook. For instance, you don’t have friends on Twitter. Instead, you got to have followers so that your tweets and posts can be liked, retweeted and shared.
Enjoying an active following on the limited-character social media platform isn’t only about status and the followers aren’t mere numbers. A business’s Twitter followers have real importance for its business performance. Consider this, about 36% of marketers have stated that they garnered one customer at a time by using the social media platform.
Here are some tips by which you can increase your follower count on Twitter and benefit from the several advantages of the widely used social media platform.
- Follow more and more Twitteratis: According to a research, there is a direct correlation between the number of followers of a person and the number of people he/she is following. The number of followers of a person is directly proportional to the number of people the person is following.
- Utilize one of the tools such as SproutSocial or Hootsuite for scheduling your tweets: If you post your tweets at a regular interval of time, then your visibility and engagement will rise, so will be your follower count.
- Utilize Twiends to reach out to new Twitteratis who will be interested to connect with you. After being listed on the platform, you will meet other users with the same interests as your’s, who will be able to connect with you and follow you
- Optimize your bio on Twitter: By optimizing your Twitter bio, you will be enabling the people interested in you and intending to find out more about you. Ensure that your Twitter bio is completely updated, professional, and does a great work of representing you and your business.
- Insert links in your tweets: When you insert links in your tweets, you have the have a greater chance of getting more likes and retweets compared to the ones that do not have links inserted to them.
- Insert relevant keywords in your bio so that your ranking is high in Twitter search: Apart from inserting all the relevant keywords in your Twitter bio, make sure that you insert your region and city name to attract local users.
- Insert relevant hashtags in your posts: Using hashtags can help you getting twice the engagement and catch the attention of the new Twitter users who are looking for the included keywords compared with the tweets without any hashtags.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for retweets: Tweets that have the line ‘please retweet’ in it get four times more retweets than those which don’t ask for retweets.
- Reach out to people you know by uploading your email contacts to your Twitter bio: The people who know you in person, and whom you’ve followed’ will possibly be more interested to follow you back after they see your email contacts in your Twitter bio.
- Insert images or videos with your tweets: As per a research, tweets featuring images and videos are likely to receive 18 percent more engagement compared with the ones that don’t have.
- Promote your Twitter page on all your marketing materials: Promote your Twitter account on all your marketing materials such as your website, signs, brochures, business cards, emailers, etc.
- Use a headshot in your profile picture: Contrary to what most business people do, you should use a headshot in your profile picture and not your logo as no one would want to follow a faceless brand.
- Promote your Twitter account on your other social media accounts: You can promote your Twitter account on other social media accounts and can attract people by discussing interesting topics you are engaged with.
- Tweet on the weekends: As per a research by Dan Zarrella, brands get 17 percent higher engagement over the weekends compared to the weekdays.
- Reference users in tweets: When mentioning or replying to other users, make sure to mention them by putting @ before their names. Upon mentioned by name, people are more likely to engage with your tweets.
- Tweet inspirational or motivational quotes: Tweeting inspirational or motivational quotes can garner a large number of retweets.
- Respond publically if you know that your response can be useful to others: This will help you to share your knowledge publically by mentioning the person who asked you the query.